Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My One Day

I am sitting here in my warm home with my kids all tucked away in bed upstairs. Safe, sound, healthy. Why am I the one that gets to have such peace in my life? Layla Grace is literally fighting for her life and her momma has to stand by and just watch. Watch her baby, that grew inside her body, live out her last days. She has to watch. And wait.


When I read her latest blog entry, I immediately turned around and went back to my own little ones and kissed each one. I know I am blessed to have the chaos that I call "My Life". Even in the midst of what we commonly call "the witching hour", I am well aware that 'one day' I will yearn for this time of my life. 


One day, my house, too, will be quiet. 
One day, I will be able to do what I want, when I want. 
One day, I will clean a room and it will stay that way for longer than 10 minutes. 


Because I know this, when it gets nutty, I am able to repeat to myself, "enjoy it while you have it because 'one day' it will be gone". Thank you, Lord, today is not my 'one day'. But it is Layla Grace's mom's.


Please pray for a miracle. A big 'ol miracle.
http://laylagrace.org/

1 comment:

  1. I pray for Layla Grace and her Mom. I am so very thankful for 11 healthy grands and so very sad for one little girl fighting for her life. Knowing about her struggles makes what I am facing seem so small. I thank God for each day I have had, that I had today and for peace to accept whatever comes tomorrow. We should all be thankful for our One Day.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Welcome, friends! I look forward to working with you soon!