Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Holy Week

It's hard to believe that Easter has come and gone already. This year, Maundy Thursday had an added bonus. Hannah had her first communion on that day. At our church here, we do 3 years of confirmation (called FaithInk), but they give the opportunity for the Lord's supper to the 6th graders. While it's different than what I am used to, I love that her first communion was on the day we remember our Lord's last. 


She got to open a few presents to commemorate the day...




They had a banquet table set up with full place settings for all the kids. It was gorgeous!


They put the wafer and individual cup on the plate and all the communicants took it together.

Good Friday was a day off of school (under the guise of 'weather day'!). We said good bye to Mema and DaddyWayne and spent the day getting some items for Sunday. Holy Saturday was spent at ball fields: soccer pictures, soccer game, baseball game, and an all day softball tournament out of town. So that day is what lead us to a quiet Easter Sunday. We had not even decided on our meal. So on the way home from church, we stopped at Kroger and all of us went inside in all our Easter glory. We even had to get the eggs because we hadn't dyed them yet! It was a quiet day spent together and I am grateful because it gave me the chance to reflect all day what an incomprehensible gift we were given on that Sunday morning all those years ago. May we never cease to be amazed at the boundless love my Lord has for us!















HE IS RISEN!
HE IS RISEN, INDEED!
HALLELUJAH!

1 comment:

  1. Daddy Wayne and I feel so very blessed to have been able to be there for Hannah's special day. Love the pictures of everyone in their Easter finery. As a side note--I would prefer for it to not be so cold next year! Love you

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Welcome, friends! I look forward to working with you soon!