Thursday, May 21, 2009

Disney World

It's amazing how it happens. If I had sat down and wrote of our trip to Disney World right after we got back, it would have been claimed as a dissertation. But since it is now 6+ weeks later, a short summery is what is reality.

Our Spring Break had us heading to Florida. Saturday morning we began our trek to Tampa - we were staying at some friends of Chris's for the night before. But I guess that it was our turn to have a rotten road trip. It began with us going 64 miles in 3 hours. No, we did not stop. That was 3 hours of the car running and us on the freeway. Then a couple of hours later, we got the phone call about Daddy. So, woohoo! The vacation was starting  GREAT!

But we finally got to the Turton's house (4 hours late). And boy did we walk into some absolutely marvelous people's home! They made us feel welcome and they loved us as if we had known each other our whole lives. I am grateful to their kindness.

When he was about 14, Chris lived with Cathy and Tom for the summer that his mom was sick. Chris's parents and the Turtons were friends from when they lived in Saudi Arabia. So I got the chance to learn a little bit about Chris's mom and a itty bit about what it was like to live in Saudi as a woman. Thanks so much for letting me in on some of that, Cathy. But next time, we WILL watch the movies! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture in the tree!! Sounds like you met some pretty special people. I would like to talk to them and find out what kind of kid Chris was :)!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Welcome, friends! I look forward to working with you soon!