I've been asked many times how much of something I use or do. Like laundry, or milk, or bread. I've only guessed at the answers, but never really had figured it out before. So I thought I would (do my best to) track some things this week.
The first thing I have found out is that we use an average of 5 gallons of milk per week.
Last Tuesday I bought 4 gallons (we weren't completely out yet). I just opened the last one for dinner tonight and it will be almost gone after breakfast tomorrow. With Chris out of town, our cereal consumption is down a little (and we did not have our regular amount of cereal for breakfast this week). So that brings us to 5.
Wonder how much it would cost to buy a milk cow?
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Lisa Glynn
- Welcome, friends! I look forward to working with you soon!
That's a lot of milk!!!
ReplyDeleteBuy the cow before they are teenagers! The kids can feed it, milk it, and then ... what skim it?! Anyway, worth finding out!
ReplyDeleteI only have three and we use up a loaf of bread everyday. I'm thinking you are looking at at least 1.5 loaves each day if not two...
I did think today that you need my new washer and dryer!
See you in four weeks! Amy
This house sees more milk in a month when you are here than it does in a whole year! BUT a cow would not be cheaper!! Love you Mema
ReplyDeleteYeah, a cow poops alot, too! ANG :)
ReplyDelete