Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy 7th Anniversary

It was crazy to see what my calendar had on today's little square... 
Today marks 7 years of living in Georgia!

It's a little bewildering to me that the time has passed as quickly as it has. I'm not sure if I thought how long we'd be living here when we left the farm those years ago (a couple of hours later than planned... remember the dead car battery?).

I remember that day so clearly. We pulled out of the farm gate, put in the cd that Craig made for us (he named it "Movin' On Up"), turned up the volume and set out. I was crying and Abby said, "Mama. It's ok. We may be moving to Georgia, but Texas is our home." So, I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and told her she was right about that. We put our noses toward the north (yes, I keep telling everyone that this is the north) and started this adventure.

An adventure with just the seven of us. Me, Chris, a 5 year old, a 4 year old, a 3 year old, 2 one year old babies, and Pearl.

Deuteronomy 8:6-7 was my bible verse for those days: "Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in His ways and revering Him. For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, even Georgia". Well okay, maybe it's only my NIV that has that last part of verse 7, but it's true. It is a good land. It has (verses 7-9) streams and pools of water, hills, honey, bread isn't scarce, and rocks in the ground (although I don't think God means all these dumb rocks in this dead gum red Georgia clay, but I digress). And you know what? It even has American stores here! 

It's been a fun chunk of time. We've met lots of people and made some friends. We've seen things that we never would have seen if we didn't live here. We've learned a lot. It's been good for us to be on our own and figure out how to do life together. I've grown up some (notice I did't say matured) and Chris and I are doing this team thing pretty well. Some days better than others, but there's pretty good stuff going on here.

Would I like to be back home? You bet I would. How could I not when so much is happening with the people I love? But when people ask me if I want to move back, I can't give an answer to that. I keep telling myself that I'm in God's hands and right now it's not something I should dwell on. He has me in this land, a good land, for right now. 
If I dwell on where I'm not, I'll miss life where I am.

So, happy anniversary to us. My prayer is that we let God lead us to where He wants us. If it's another 7 years here or somewhere else, may it be full of love and laughter!

I love my house 
I love my nest
In all the world 
My nest is best!

1 comment:

  1. 7 years...it is hard to believe! When God planted the Glynn's in that red Georgia clay He knew how you would grow. I also wish you could be closer but I do love your part of the world---even the basement! :D As always you did a great job of putting your thoughts down. Love all of you living in that Georgia nest!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Welcome, friends! I look forward to working with you soon!