Abby gets to put her star on top first:
Nice hole in the ceiling, huh? It's a special family that gets to add that to their Christmas deocoration.
Then the decorating begins:
Hannah sang with the school choir at the lighting of the caboose in downtown Suwanee. For you who know Hannah, this was HUGE! She still does not want to do anything that calls attention to her. Big group, little group - it matters none. I'm so proud that she volunteered to do this!
Christmas program at church. It felt so good to not be in charge. We just showed up when they told us to and left after it was over. So pleasant!
We had a dove and camel
And a beautiful angel
Then our house got a special guest for the season. Hannah begged me to let her write a letter to Santa asking for an elf. I've told her over and over that I do not need any more mischief in my house than is already here. She promised that she'd only ask for a good one. When I told her that she could mail the letter, she almost cried with pleasure. She hugged me so hard and would not let go. My heart sang!
Of course this morning she came down and said, "It would be a little more fun if she was just a little mischevious."
I've had sick people in my house off and on since the week before Thanksgiving. It really puts a crimp in my prep for Christmas. But as of yesterday, all were at school and healthy. Of course there are class parties each day. So there goes my chance to run errands. Even today the twynns are home and do not want to run around. Who can blame them?
I counted it up. In the last 4 weeks, there have been 7 doctor visits and multiple medicines. We have 2 more visits for next week - Hannah is getting 2 teeth pulled and Paige needs to have more blood work done. I cringe at the amount of money I've spent. I am just so grateful that my co-pay is only $10. It could be worse. I know that. But STILL!
We have family coming in 7, 8, and 9 days. Such excitement fills the air as we prepare!
Happy Advent!
Great pictures.....I especially like the hole to accomodate the star! Hannah's elf is sure a cutie--just like the elf's Hannah! I pray all the doctor visits will be a thing of the past real soon. I am anxious to get to your house for hugs and kisses. Love to each one of you.........
ReplyDelete