Wow! What a weekend full of birthday fun for the twynns. To start it off, we went to the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey game. I always enjoy a puck flying, wall checking, punch throwing evening. I even love hockey, too. Ba dum bum!
The girls earned the tickets through a reading program in school. So we met some friends up there, taking up 21 seats. What fun!
Then birthday lunch consisted of mac & cheese (Jenna) and corn dogs (Adam).
It takes a professional to put a candle in mac & cheese!
Then we had a mad game of glow in the dark putt putt.
The kids had fun and that is what counts!!!
(Note to my Georgia friends: save your money and don't go to the new place on Peachtree Ind'l & Suwanee Dam! Not worth it!)
Then we came home to some cake and ice cream. Adam requested a baseball cake and Jenna wanted a blue heart cake. Why blue? She said because it was Adam's favorite color and he would like that. :) What a sweet thing!
And, boy, did they enjoy some unwrapping of gifts!
Adam is using his Sword of the Spirit in one hand and a Batman and Robin in the other. Chris is teaching him how to use his Shield of Faith so he can whack people properly... we may have to go over the Armor of God again. A fun Pooh bath towel goes perfectly with some bath toys!
Jenna is now attached to Lulu (it is actually Lulu the 2nd. The 1st had to be returned because she kept loosing her ear. Darn it when that happens!) and some cuddly soft sheep. I have come to the conclusion that she is a stuffed animal lover. And she keeps asking when it is bath time because she wants to use her new bath goodies.
I just can't believe that they are 4 now. What I keep thinking about is that on Hannah's 4th birthday, there were 2 younger ones in the house and I was pregnant with these guys. What an amazing thing. We have survived those first few years. I can't say the craziness is over, because it is so NOT. But life has gotten a bit easier. We don't have to have naps if we have something better to do. No diapers. No more sippy cups now. Game nights now involve games that Chris and I actually want to play. They can go play without me being right there. And as much as these changes make for a fun and exciting time, it just makes me realize how little time I have with them. I just pray that we can make the most of this precious small amount of time. Thank you, God, for cameras to record their little lives.
It is hard to believe we have had Adam and Jenna for 4 years! It seems like yesterday when we could hold both of them with one arm. Glad you guys had a fun day. See you in 9 days!! YEA..........
ReplyDelete