Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nags Head, NC

We have come for a week to the shores of the Atlantic. We are staying in an amazing beach house in Nags Head, NC. We have a pool in our backyard and we are a 3 minute walk from the beach. It has been such a relaxing time so far. Here is the lowdown...

SATURDAY
We left the house at 7:40 that morning. After doing a stop or two, we finally got on the freeway at 8:00. We arrived on the island about 5:30 or so. We brought our stuff in and made a run to the store. After getting the essentials, we came back, ate dinner, and headed to bed.


SUNDAY
The kids were up at 6:00 (don't they know it's a vacation???) We were at the beach by 8:15 and the older 3 jumped right in. Adam and Jenna on the other hand, enjoyed hanging out away from the water. Then it was the pool about 9:45 and naps after.




MONDAY
Hit the beach early morning followed by the pool. Ed and Heather got in and we went to dinner that night. Nothing big happened, but definitely relaxed.


TUESDAY
Did the beach and pool thing again. Hannah and Abby are getting so much better in the water. This week will be good for them to practice swimming since they won't get lessons this summer. Jenna made a break through in the ocean today. I finally got her to go out with me and let the waves hit her. By the time we left, she was playing in the water on her own. Even when the waves got her in the face, she was happy. Adam, on the other hand, does NOT like the ocean water and is content playing in the sand. He does like to play frisbee, though. And he is amazingly good at it. Even at the pool, he chooses to hang outside the water. He might put his feet in while sitting on the steps. I repeat, he might... Paige finally did jump in the pool with only her water wings on (she had been in water wings and a fish float). I'm glad to see her making strides as well.



Paige and I were playing in the waves. After a while, she looked at me and said that she thought this was enough water and someone needs to turn off the faucet!

After lunch and naps, we went to the North Carolina aquarium. It was very neat. There was petting of starfish, sea urchins, and sting rays, and we saw all kinds of fish. Jenna especially loved the alligtors, as they are one of her favorite animals. The sharks were amazing. Definitely like glass being between me and them. Adam just stood and gaped at everything. He was in awe.


WEDNESDAY
This morning, we went to Kitty Hawk, NC (3 miles from us) and saw the Wright Brothers Mational Memorial. I did not realize that this is where the first flight took place. It was so cool to see where it all happened. They have done a fabulous job of preserving the site. If anyone ever gets the chance to see it, it is well worth it. The kids did great - there was a TON of walking. Not easy, but they did it. So they got rewarded by us deciding to not drag them to the lighthouses tonight! When they wake up, we'll hit the beach and pool again. No burns as of yet and plenty of water drinking. We're on a roll!

I sure do wish you all could be here with us. Mema and DaddyWayne would LOVE that there is a porch on every floor of the house. The Cliffords would love having a foosball table in the house and being closer to the beach than the house they're used to (plus the pool in the back). There is horseshoes and we could put up washer pits in the yard! The Brown kids would love the pool and all the mamas would love sitting in the sun drinking the yummy drinks I am making! We have to figure out how to do this!!!

But don't doubt that I think of you all everyday. As much fun as I'm having being here, I miss you all so much. Amy, we have some C-O-O-L seashells for you and a couple of postcards. Lora, I've read a book in 2 1/2 days for you. Mama, I sit on the porch for you. Daddy, Mike C., and Michael Brown, I am drinking a beer for you. Clifford kids (you, too, Will), I body surf for you. Brown kids, we will make your name in the sand for you. Angie, Kristine, and all Mountain Chicks, I have toasted a boat drink to you. I love you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having so much fun!!! I am missing ya'll being at swim lessons this week. :) Give hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sounds like a blast! I wish we were there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could have been there seeing all the sights with you. Love, hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Welcome, friends! I look forward to working with you soon!